Monday, January 21, 2008

Announcement...I’m back, Nig vs CIV and some Hollywood gossips!

Sorry folks for the rather long and unexpected break on this space. I am really sorry. I guess I underestimated the amount of work I had on my hands and the when it eventually dawn on me, I was kinda overwhelmed. But I am back now and that is all that matters. This is my first write up this year so I guess I might just start with a Merry Xmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR and a ‘hope u had a swell yuletide season’ start-up line. But I am sure u have had enough of all that already, so let’s just dig in!
The main thing that’s happening right now is the ANC. Not the famous political party in South Africa, far from it, it is African Nations Cup hosted by Ghana. The foremost African soccer fiesta kicked off yesterday and the opening match saw the hosts struggle to beat a very determined Guinean side. Personally, I think the final score line of 2-1 in favour of Ghana was very flattering considering that the Syli stars of Guinea matched their Ghanaian counterparts in almost every department of the game. But that’s soccer for u; it is not exactly mathematics so it is highly unpredictable.
Today, the Super Eagles of Nigeria will try the Elephants of Ivory Coast for size. Most Nigerians have been expressing doubts over the ability of the current crop of Super Eagles players to bring back the much coveted trophy but I was telling a pal over the weekend that although their chances are not as bright and we would have wanted, most Nigerian teams have the habit of performing well when least expect them to and I somewhat feel that is going to happen in this competition. What do you feel? Do think the Super Eagles have what it takes to bring back the trophy? Send in your comments.
For today’s match however, I strongly believe that the Eagles have what it takes to overcome. The Ivorian side, no doubt is a strong team infact one of the strongest in the tournament but they can be beaten by a very hardworking and determined side. I believe in the Super Eagles and I am a patriot (lol) so I predict 2-1 score line in favour of Nigeria. Who do you think will win and by what goal margin?
To other news now, Eddie Murphy and his two-week old bride Tracy (Babyface’s former wife) have called it quits. That was pretty fast if u ask me! I guess they were just not made for each other (lol). Other gists now, Beyonce is likely to be on stage at this year’s Grammys coming up next month. Can’t wait to see that sexy body...lol!

There are rumours that delectable actress Eva Longoria and our most beloved Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas are pregnant, No be me talk am o!
According to reports, Longoria and her husband Tony parker sparked pregnancy rumours afters he was spotted with a slight weight gain in her stomach area. Fergie and her new fiancé Josh Duhamel are also rumoured to be expecting their first child after they were given a pair of baby shoes. According to some media reports, Duhamel received “a pair of baby Crocs sandals for his future baby.”
Still on celebrity pregnancies, according to media reports, singer Britney Spears and her 35-year-old photographer boyfriend Adnan Ghalib were shopping at the studio city store together Monday night and Spears scanned the shelves of pregnancy tests paying more attention to the stuffs than was necessary.
Why is there so much ado about nuthin? Why is every body getting excited because Fergie or Eva or Britney is going to have a baby? Is it so strange that celebrities desire what every one of us will also desire at some point in our lives? Britney Spears is pregnant... so what? I am not a celeb, so maybe that is why i can’t just understand what all the hulabalo is all about.
Well I guess that is all there is for today. I heard the recently held Future awards at the Muson centre was a smashing success. Thumbs up to the organisers, we want more of stuffs like that.
Once again, i apologize for the rather long break in transmission... it was due some technical hitches, but all that is resolved now so u will be stuck with me for some time to come. Got to go now folks... catch y’all tomorrow
NB: Don’t forget to give all your support and prayers to the Super Eagles today.

No comments: