Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Awodunmilas, Brando dies and Arsenal bounces back!

Hey! It’s the start of a new week, thank God its Sunday. Good morning to y’all and how was your weekend? Tomorrow is a Monday so I guess u are already preparing for a busy week ahead. Guess what? It’s the last week of January 2008, how time flies! Before u bat your eyelids, the year is gone and you will be whaaaaathef@uk! So folks, if you‘ve got anything lined up for this year, the time to start is now cos time sure does not wait for no one. A word they say is...u can finish that.
I slept a lil late today (a bro is entitled to some well deserved rest...abi?). I went for a small birthday gig of a colleague yesterday so my weekend wasn’t entirely uneventful. Taiwo (my colleague) and Kehinde (her twin sister) Awodunmila had their party at Barcelos, Silverbird Galleria and for me, it was refreshing to meet all the new faces (especially that of pretty girls). I was so stuffed that I practically had no space in my tummy for even water! I really had a nice time. This is wishing Teespice and Kenny Miller a happy birthday and many happy returns. Taiwo, pls o! Call me again next year and lets do it again...abi? they say awuf no dey run belle...(lol)
To other stories this morning, death has struck again and this time though not an actor but the son of Hollywood legend Marlon Brando of the Godfather fame. According to reports, Christian Brando, the troubled eldest son of Hollywood icon Marlon Brando, has died at the age of 49, media reports said on Saturday. The New York Post and People magazine both reported on their Web sites that Brando, son of the late screen star and Welsh actress Anna Kashfi, had died of complications from pneumonia. "His body was totally compromised," Brando's ex-wife, Deborah, told People. "He'd lived so hard ... this is just so sad."
His father, Marlon Brando, considered one of the greatest actors of his generation, won Academy Awards for his acclaimed roles in On the Waterfront and The Godfather. He died in 2004 at the age of 80.
From what I heard, the guy was certainly no chip from the old block, but it is sad all the same. May he rest in peace.
I wanted to give some details of the Gbenga and Moji Obasanjo’s scandal as I read them in the Nigerian press but I was slowed down by my attorney. His reason; the case is still in court and it will an offence to comment on an in-court issue without attracting the contempt of the court. So u see why I can’t talk about it. As a young man, I need to listen to my lawyer often or else...am sure u love me and will not be too keen on seeing behind the bars... lol.
For all you Arsenal fans out there, well, yesterday’s game was a nice one. It certainly feels good to be winning again after the midweek shocker at White Hart lane. Right now, it seem like Adebayor can do no wrong. That guy is firing on all cylinders, (he has scored 18 goals so far) and we hope it continue for a while too.

We need to keep the pressure on Sir Alex and his boys and if we are to do that, we need Ade and other members of the team to be at their best. For the fans, u sure are supporting the best club in the world. I can’t imagine myself supporting any other club. It just will not werk for me!


Can you imagine? Despite all the campaign against smoking, all the warnings of dying young and all. Look at what this guy is doing. I mean, what more can I say?

Hey guys, I think I have to go now cos I need to prepare for the week ahead, it is sure going to be a hectic one. Do take care of yourselves and have a wonderful week ahead of you. Catch y’all tomorrow, till then, stay outta trouble and be good.

No comments: